We’re hiring a graphic designer!
Ocreative is seeking a highly-creative, versatile, and enthusiastic graphic designer with outstanding skills and experience in print and website graphic design.
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for developing and executing creative concepts and final graphics on websites, social media, print, and other marketing materials.
As a member of the Ocreative team, you will have the opportunity to flex your creative spirit while working with a diverse client base. You will work on all things design, from start to finish, with creative guidance and support from our award-winning design team. Hone your design instincts while creating meaningful, human-centered print and digital media pieces with major reach. Our team and environment foster individuality and imagination while producing great work for great clients.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on design and development in print and digital media, from conception to completion
- Designing and editing customer-facing communications. IE – product brochures and booklets
- Editing images of products, facilities, people, and events
- Creating infographics, quotes, and other sharable social media pieces for a diverse set of clients
- Contributing to internal and external communications including newsletters, website content, email campaigns, blog articles, and flyers
The hard skills required:
- College degree required (Graphic Design degree or concentration preferred)
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) on a Mac Platform
- Hand illustration skills are extremely helpful but not required
- Ability to edit and clip images efficiently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to align with brand standards, guidelines, and voice
- Ability to develop and execute visual design, layout, and feel for various media platforms
- Knowledge of print processes and ability to prepare press-ready print files
- Computer and web proficiency, including the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- CSS and HTML knowledge, including WordPress experience preferred, but not required
The soft skills we’re looking for:
- Excellent organizational skills with special attention to naming conventions and file structure
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to track time for projects effectively
- Ability to work independently while maintaining communication with internal and external project stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly establish rapport with people, especially as part of our team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Apply human-centered design thinking to consistently supply fresh and innovative ideas and visual concepts
- Brand-minded and color conscious
We believe the following are must-haves for any qualified candidate:
- Previous and proven experience developing engaging graphics
- Confidence to communicate with sales and marketing strategy teams to gather information about products/services to determine the style and visual expression for the design
- Eager to participate and/or lead client meetings and presentations
- Ability to create high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while seamlessly transitioning from client to client
- Abide by the high level of creative standards as set by Ocreative
- Communicate with and follow direction from the chief creative officer, including review and approval of work
- Familiarity with UX design, marketing strategy, wireframe creation, and prototype development
- Excellent style and design sensibilities with sensitivity for typography, color, and form.
- Experience in developing various forms of web graphics, banners, social media, and illustrations
- Thrives on design challenges and taking creativity to the next level
- Track and maintain client project schedules and scope with team and client, including milestones and deliverable deadlines
- Locate and source photography, whether commissioned or purchased as stock photography, to include in custom designs as needed
- Independently stays up-to-date with industry news and creative trends
- Continuous self-development to improve your level of creative ability
- Assist with project budgeting by helping define the graphic scope for the basis of design and generate an estimate that is precise
You Will Bring:
Client Focus—As trusted advisors, our clients value everything you do.
Quality—You are proud to stand behind the quality of work you deliver
Integrity—You always act with integrity through honesty, fairness, and accountability.
Teamwork—You ask for help and help when asked.
Sense of Urgency—You never lose your sense of urgency to progress and improve.
Fun—You work with passion, act professionally, and have fun while you are doing it.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Competitive wages
- Full-time salaried position with full benefits package (for qualified employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation including 401k with employer match
- Flexible vacation time and paid holidays for salaried employees
- Great office space in the heart of Lake Country
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.