We love nonprofit organizations at Ocreative. In fact, we prefer to call them “for impact” organizations, and we understand the value that nonprofits bring to individuals and communities. They wake up each day to deliver results and make an impact. In short, nonprofits change the world, and that’s what we admire most.
As a partner to many nonprofits, our experience in cause-based marketing has spanned industries and high-level, detailed, and pragmatic strategies. We have worked with our client roster of nonprofits to expand their digital marketing efforts.
If you are a for-impact organization/nonprofit, Google gives your organization the opportunity to advertise on their Google Adwords platform for free. Yes, that’s right; we said free. This is an excellent opportunity to get your message out to the world and inform people about your cause. Look below at the details and qualifications to see if your non-profit is eligible:
Terms and Conditions
- You are not charged for the clicks you receive. There is no credit card associated with your account; Google will activate the account.
- Website Requirements:
- Only can use one domain
- Can use subsections of your website (volunteer page, events page, etc.)
- Organization must own the website, no third-party sites (Google Sites, WordPress, or Blogger)
- No social media in ads
- Need to sign in and review performance at least once a month
- Make one or more changes to the account once every 90 days
- Adding, editing or deleting keywords
- Adding, editing or deleting text
- Creating a new campaign or ad group
- Cannot make a press release or press outreach stating you are a part of the Ad Grants program.
- Can promote on social media
- Can include the Ad Grants logo on your website
- Ads and keywords must reflect the mission of the non-profit organization and need to be relevant to your services and programs
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed, profit from product or services being advertised must have sales and proceeds directly supporting the non-profit
- Can work with third-party account managers
- Need to create a separate Adwords account solely for Adwords Grants
- Build and manage your Adwords account like paying charge of creating and running your own Adwords account
- A daily budget of $329 or $10,000 a month
- Maximum CPC of $2.00
- Only can have keyword-targeted campaigns
- No Display Network ads or search partner ads
- Only can have text ads that appear in the Google search page results, in positions BELOW paying advertisers
- Adwords Express is available
- Registered as a charitable organization with their local TechSoup partner in their country and become validated as a nonprofit organization
- Cannot be one of the following
- Government entity or organization
- Hospital or healthcare organization
- School, childcare center, academic institution, or university. (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible)
- Must be recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization formed for charitable, educational, religious, literary, scientific, or other tax-exempt purposes
- Fiscally sponsored organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits.
- Fiscally sponsored organizations that do not have their own 501(c)(3) status and are not covered by group exemption are not eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program.
- Organizations, such as churches, that are automatically considered tax-exempt under group exemption must still obtain recognition of 501(c)(3) tax exemption from the IRS to qualify for the Google for Nonprofits program.
Do you think your nonprofit is eligible?
Download this tutorial to register with Tech Soup and Google.
Don’t worry if this all seems overwhelming, Ocreative is here to help!
We work with all types of nonprofits, including foundations, charities, education-focused, museums, associations, health, and government agencies in the United States. We set out to engage your constituents and meet your mission-critical agendas. We aim to inspire and improve the well-being of our communities.
Contact us to help you set up and manage your free Adwords campaigns. We work with numerous nonprofits to help them reach their target audience and grow.
Bright, honest, digital innovators and creative gurus, Ocreative is recognized as an International award-winning, full-service, integrated marketing agency. Since 2003, they have been getting big results for their trusting clients and that puts big smiles on everyone’s faces. Ocreative is headquartered in Wisconsin, but their clients are located all across the United States, from Massachusetts to Hawai‘i. Ocreative’s expertise and portfolio include marketing and strategy, advertising and design, websites and digital and video and multimedia.